Thursday, May 30, 2013

2 Home-Studies Down

Jeremy and I met with our social worker for the first time today. Jeremy had his hour long one-on-one interview with her at our kitchen table and then the same for me followed. We felt that it went well. Like us, she is a Christian and seems to share many of our values. She also is the parent of an adopted child as well. We likely only have one more visit left to complete our home study. It's scheduled for June 7th so keep those prayers coming please!

Also, if you have not yet watched the short 2 1/2 min Documentary Promo "The Drop Box" you can find the link in the entery before this. It's near to our hearts and we hope it can serve to broaden people's worldview and melt hearts for the sake of these volunerable little ones. Please consider what your role may be in caring for the orphaned (or those in the midst of other types of great need). Helping can take many forms.


"If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love."
1 Corinthians 13:1-7 (the message)

No comments:

Post a Comment